I have worked within an agency setting as a volunteer and a paid counsellor since 2002 and set up my Private Practice in 2005, here I have worked with adults, young people and couples both heterosexual and same sex.
For (my) couples work I am also able to offer a joint experience with another counsellor Lulu Russell – www.lulurussellcounselling.co.uk . This way of working as a ‘couple’ with a couple is sometimes helpful to the dynamics of couples work.
The agencies I have worked for and in some cases continue to are:
- Redhill Counselling Service
- Central Sussex College
- Horsham and Crawley Counselling Service
- The Worth Project – Domestic Violence Charity
- Dialogue Therapeutic Services – part of YMCA Sussex Downslink Group offering counselling in schools
- The Hangleton and Knoll Project – local community project in Hove
- Carers Support West Sussex
- Horsham and Crawley Counselling Group and within that PACT – Parent and Child Therapy
- St Catherine’s Hospice
I am a very experienced practitioner and have also work in primary and secondary schools in the Brighton and Hove area; this I have done since 2008. Here I worked children and young people both individually and in groups, but it is also equally important to build good relationships with their parents therefore an important facet of this work encompasses working with the family, whilst being mindful of the confidentiality of the relationship too, and helping to signpost to other agencies that may be of help to the family as a whole.
Currently I work in private practice as a Counsellor & Supervisor, in a local primary school as a School Counsellor and in an agency setting as a Supervisor.
The world spins. We stumble on. It is enough.