Sometimes we can feel lost, misunderstood and confused about where we are in our lives and the relationships we have. Counselling offers a space for reflection and exploration to help look at where and who we are alongside what it is that is holding us back from living our best life. Perhaps now is the time when we realise we need some help and this is where counselling can help.
Counselling can offer
- A safe confidential space to explore feelings, behaviours and life experiences
- New ways of looking at old problems
- A space in your life where you can feel heard and acknowledged
- It can offer new skills to help manage the fears fears/anxieties that hold us back
We may have noticed:
- How all relationships turn out the same way
- That we are angry or very angry all of, or most of the time
- How unhappy we are in our lives and/or in our relationships
- How overwhelmed we feel at getting on with our day or our lives in general
- That we are depressed, anxious or constantly worried
- How our past is holding us back from living in our present and moving towards our future.
- How we cannot seem to move forwards in our lives
It takes courage to bring someone else into our private worlds and to open ourselves up to another’s perspective and allow them to accompany us on our voyage of truth and discovery.
Counselling offers a place to be seen and heard as who we are, to be acknowledged as having an effect on those around us and in the world and to be able to manage that.
Commitment is fundamental for counselling, as it is important to meet regularly at the same time and in the same location, where possible/convenient. Studies have shown that meeting at a regular and consistent time increases the efficacy of therapy.
The individual sessions I offer are for 50 minutes and are ordinarily Face-to-Face however there may be occasion when we need to ‘meet’ using Skype or FaceTime and we can discuss and negotiate this. When working with couples sessions are for 60 or 90 minutes dependent on what has been agreed and are always Face-to-Face.
Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing.